Founded in 1998 in Murano Island (Italy), Vianello Nadia Murrine is an artisan family run business that produces classic, artistic and modern murrino glass jewelry pieces. Our products are completely handmade, reason why each piece is unique.
We offer high quality jewelry made of Murrino glass, using and preserving the ancient Muranese techniques of composition and glass melting that are passed from parents to children.
Vianello Nadia Murrine has authorized distributors in boutiques in Venice, Murano, Burano, Rome and our products have been exported to countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain, Russia, USA, Mexico, Brazil and Peru.
All pieces can be customized to suit the specific client requirements.
Nadia was born in Murano, Italy, in 1950. She grew up in the bosom of a family of glassmakers craftsmen who worked before the II World War in the “Franchetti” glassware in Murano. Her father was in charge of mixing the necessary minerals for the creation of unique artistic glass, and her mother worked creating glass items for the pharmaceutical industry.
Nadia began working with Murano glass at the age of 15 years old, as a decorator at the “Cenedese” Company, and later on as an assembler of Bohemia lamps in the companies “Rossetto” and “Stefanato”.
In 1984 she opened her first company as the co-owner of “Artglass”, a company dedicated to the production of jewelry based on mosaic glass known as murrino. In 1998 she became independent and created her own brand Vianello Nadia Murrine.
Mission & Vision
Vianello Nadia Murrine has the mission to preserve and promote the development of mosaic art of Murano, an important part of the Venetian culture and identity.
Our vision is to become a leading company in the handcraft sector, offering unique products of high quality and tradition.
- Foundation of Vianello Nadia Murrine by Nadia Vianello in Murano island.
- The business was acquired by Nadia Vianello’son, Davide Trebbi.
- Participation at the Second edition of Rolando Segalin Award.
- Participation in the Japanese TV program “Visiting Venice for the second time” broadcasted by NHK Premium Channel.
- Participation at the fair “Artisans in fair” in Milano.
- Beginning of the digital commerce opening the e-commerce site vianellonadiamurrine.com
- Participation at the event “Artisans in the Palace” at the Mocenigo Palace in Venice.
- Participation at the Third edition of Rolando Segalin Award with a special nomination to have participated with an ingenious creation.
- Participation in a radio interview with our team broadcasted by Radio Venezia.
- Participation at the event The Venice Glass Week with the workshop “Discover and design your own murrina” at the company’s workshop in Murano island.